Waiting Child Program
CCAI matches and places more of China’s Waiting Children than any other agency. CCAI has successfully found loving homes for over 4,000 Waiting Children.
- Several photographs, including, if applicable, the physical appearance of a visible
- A physical examination (typically including a blood test, urine test, hepatitis
B panel, and HIV/syphilis tests)
- Medical information relating to the child’s condition, if available
- Basic developmental information
- Background information, generally outlining the child’s personality, preferences,
history in the orphanage, and daily routine, composed by the orphanage
Waiting Children, both girls (35%) and boys (65%), range in age from about 1 year to 13 years at the time of match. Please visit our Statistics page for more information about the Waiting Child files CCAI receives!
While some medical conditions may be considered minor in the US, other conditions
may be more significant and even encompass multiple issues. It is also possible
that a child may be placed with physical and/or emotional problems, minor or major,
that have remained partially or totally undiagnosed and which were unknown to CCAI.
Therefore, when considering a Waiting Child, CCAI strongly encourages families to
work with their pediatrician, medical specialist, insurance company, and social
worker to ensure that they are physically, financially, emotionally, and practically
prepared to parent their Waiting Child.