Established in 1996 by Lily Nie and Joshua Zhong, the Joyous Chinese Cultural Center (JCCC)
exists to provide cultural and emotional support to adopted Chinese children and
to offer Chinese cultural and language education to children and adults of all backgrounds
in our communities and across the country.
Through its on-campus and long-distance learning programs, JCCC strives to:
- Create a positive and culturally-relevant learning environment where Chinese language
and cultural education is fun and effective.
- Nurture a strong sense of pride in the Chinese heritage and an interest and ability
to appreciate Chinese culture, language, art and history.
- Offer a curriculum that helps build a solid foundation for future pursuit of higher-level
Chinese language study.
- Provide emotional support to adopted children through group learning activities
where children find friendship and belonging with other children whose families
look like their own.
- Present tools and resources to assist adoptive parents’ efforts to keep their children
- Prepare children to fully embrace the tremendous opportunities that these two great
nations, China and the United States, will present in the 21st century and beyond.
- Reach outside the adoption community to generate support for adopted Chinese children
and their families and to build understanding of the Chinese culture.
For more information, please visit
Joyous Chinese Cultural Center